httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: documentation
Date Sat, 02 Nov 1996 11:23:20 GMT
Alexei Kosut wrote:

> Hmm..
>
> I just noticed that Ben put the docs into apache/manuals. You didn't
> make this clear, Ben, not at all.

I thought I had made this clear.

> Otherwise I would have put a nice
> veto on it. We agreed long ago that docs should not be included in the
> Apache release (at least, not as such), and putting them into the same
> CVS module just makes it harder on everyone else. It also makes the
> apache module larger, makes the snapshots larger, and generally makes
> life inconveneint for those people who don't care about docs, or who
> have to download the snapshots all the time.

This is true.

> I had thought that Ben was going to create another module in CVS,
> containing the Apache documentation, which people could check out of
> they wanted. This, to me, makes sense. I am very much opposed to what
> was actually done.

Since you feel so strongly about it, I will move it to a seperate module. This
is certainly more flexible than what I have done, so I can't see why anyone
should object.

For that reason, I'd be grateful if people would _NOT_ modify the docs until I
have completed the move (which I am starting right now).

And, no, I haven't got time for all this. Sigh.

Cheers,

Ben.