httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@liege.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: documentation
Date Sat, 02 Nov 1996 12:16:52 GMT
I don't think Ben had in mind that the docs would be part of the release --
it is a trivial step to remove them when preparing a new release.
Likewise, it is a simple change to exclude/separate them from the snapshot.

I think that the manual should be as close as possible to the source,
and I would prefer to receive updates to them at the same time I update
my source.  I also think that anyone working on the docs will *need* to
receive apache-cvs mail, since that will give an indication of what parts
of the docs need to be reviewed, updated, or removed.  And, eventually,
I'd like for us to get in the habit of committing the doc changes in
the same step as committing the source changes.

So, I'd rather have them where Ben put them than anywhere else.

.....Roy