httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: Documentation
Date Fri, 01 Nov 1996 16:49:14 GMT
Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> > Hmmmm ... given this new thought I'll hold off for a while until we are more
> > sure about how we want to proceed. But not long...
>
> Ack! Nooooooo ...... please put the docs in cvs now and we can think about
> when and how to do updates later. I've thought about updating various parts
> of the documentation, but keep putting it off due to the hassle of editing
> remotely.  Now I can't even remember what I was going to update. :(
>
> My inclination is to put the "current server" docs on HEAD and create
> a separate branch for documenting an in-progress server, and then have
> a normal cron script do nighty updates.

Well, this will happen naturally, as we branch the tree for server releases,
which is why it is a good idea to keep it in the same tree.

Since many are keen that we should CVS in some form, I will now add the docs
to the CVS tree as I described initially. If we decide to go another route at
some time in the future, I'm happy enough to make it so (given the time).

Cheers,

Ben.