httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <>
Subject Re: Docs
Date Mon, 18 Nov 1996 17:20:12 GMT
Randy Terbush <> writes:

> To encourage people to use the most current ones, at the same time
> keeping them abreast of changes and other possible security patches, etc.

Well, I think a better way of doing that would be to include a URL in
distributed docs that pointed to the most current version. Reading
docs at a web site isn't that great if you're on a bad network. People
don't bother making the effort to read them if they can't get
acceptable access.

> > I think docs *should* be part of the distribution anyway.
> >
> > Ok, this'll really get people flaming me.
> >
> > How about putting the documentation into htdocs so that it's there
> > when people first start up the server?
> I think that IF we distribute the docs with the server, that is where
> they should be.

Ok, can we vote on this then before I get another toasting.

+1 on putting docs in htdocs and I'll create appropriate modules so
that you don't always have to get them.

  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 (0)1865 843155

View raw message