httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p.richa...@elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Re: Documentation standards
Date Mon, 25 Nov 1996 15:31:29 GMT
Paul Sutton <paul@ukweb.com> writes:

> Finally, where do the 'new-in-1.2' docs go? At the moment they are in the
> manual directory itself. I think they should be in a sub-directory (say
> "new12") instead. This'll make updating to a new release easier -- and
> prevent naming conflicts when a feature is updated in more than one
> release. Otherwise we'll end up with a whole bunch of docs in 'manual'
> relating to what's new in various versions.

I don't understand most of the above other than the suggestion that we
use separate directories for releases which is what we just dropped
because it was a mess.

There should be a "What's new" page that has an entry for this
release in it with the entries for previous releases left in for a
quick glance history of what's been happening. i.e.

what's new in this release (1.2)
	xxx

What was new in 1.1:
	yyy

etc.

  Email: p.richards@elsevier.co.uk
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 (0)1865 843155