httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p.richa...@elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Re: Ugg... CVS munged
Date Thu, 28 Nov 1996 15:56:15 GMT
Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> writes:

> > > When trying a 'cvs update -Pd apache' this am, I got:
> > >
> > >     cvs server: Updating apache
> > >     cvs server: Updating apache/cgi-bin
> > >     cvs server: Updating apache/cgi-src
> > >     cvs server: Updating apache/conf
> > >     cvs server: Updating apache/docs
> > >     cvs server: in directory apache/docs:
> > >     cvs [server aborted]: there is no repository /export/home/cvs/apache/docs
> >
> > try "rm -r docs".
> >

> This is a stopgap fix though...

Ahh, after reading your other mail, I can see my instructions were
inadequate.

A "cvs rel -d" was needed so that the local copy was deleted as well,
otherwise CVS will see the docs/CVS dir and try and update it and then
find it doesn't exist.

Sorry, folks, just delete them. It's certainly not a stopgap solution,
it's most definately permanent :-)

  Email: p.richards@elsevier.co.uk
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 (0)1865 843155