httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p.richa...@elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Docs
Date Sun, 17 Nov 1996 20:47:59 GMT

I ended up putting the new docs structure into

apache/docs

because it was easier than messing around with two apache-docs
directories. I'll await the flammage reagrding my unilateral decision
to do this.

When you're flaming me can you included a reason why you don't like
this setup and then I'll accomodate you with suitable modules.

Someone might like to check I've got all this right in terms of the
right files getting stuck to the right version.

You can get 1.0 docs using the DOCS_1_0 tag and 1.1 docs using
DOCS_1_1, the current docs are on the head branch.

There's no branching been done so don't go making changes to 1.0 or
1.1 docs because you'll get an error along the lines of

cvs commit: sticky tag `DOCS_1_0' for file `apache1.0.html' is not a branch

I don't think those tags are of any use and I don't see any point in
branching. Any changes should be made to the head and never to those
tags so I've deliberately not branched. If we want proper
documentation for older releases then we should document them in the
current docs not older copies of the docs. I'm not sure I'm explaining
this very well but we need to make a distinction between the current
docs (which may include documentation on older servers) and older copies
of the docs.

  Email: p.richards@elsevier.co.uk
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 (0)1865 843155