httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p.richa...@elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Re: Docs
Date Sun, 17 Nov 1996 21:02:15 GMT
Paul Richards <p.richards@elsevier.co.uk> writes:

> Someone might like to check I've got all this right in terms of the
> right files getting stuck to the right version.

Alexei's just pointed out that the index.html file has been clobbered
at least once. I've not removed the apache-docs stuff yet so we still
have all the old stuff and I also expect it to be there on the tags as
well.

As I tried to explain, we should make the current docs document
everything we wish documented, if that included support for older
versions of the server then we should fix up the head branch so that
it includes that documentation i.e. you checkout the head into the web
server and it covers everything we'd want. This is different to my
original idea of using tags to pull out support for older servers but
after looking at the site that wouldn't work and is not what's
actually required.

  Email: p.richards@elsevier.co.uk
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 (0)1865 843155