httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p.richa...@elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/src mod_rewrite.h Makefile.tmpl (fwd)
Date Mon, 18 Nov 1996 10:52:21 GMT
Rob Hartill <robh@imdb.com> writes:

> Can we try it on the basis that everything needs to be voted on regardless
> of how trivial for the sake of simpifying the process and encouraging
> participation ?  There's a rush right now for 1.2b1, but later people can
> save up their trivial patches and offer them in a batch if they feel
> embarassed at having to get permission for something as important as a
> missing comma in a comment :-)

I really don't see why this is necessary. Why work on the basis that
something is wrong until a number of people say it's right? Why not
work on the basis that something is OK until someone finds a reason
why it isn't. If you actually were peer reviewing code and you didn't
like something then removing it is trivial.

Learn cvs Rob and stop attacking something you've not even bothered to
try.

> I think if we make a fuzzy rule about what's trivial and what's not, it'll
> shift a little bit each week until we're back to where we've been until
> now with 1.2.

What's gone wrong with 1.2? If you're not peer reviewing code then
that's your fault not everyone elses. The fact that 1.2 has taken so
long has nothing to do with voting and peer but with a lack of
planning.

  Email: p.richards@elsevier.co.uk
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 (0)1865 843155