httpd-dev mailing list archives

From dgau...@hotwired.com (Dean Gaudet)
Subject Re: Some old bug...
Date Mon, 18 Nov 1996 21:01:26 GMT
This is on the ukweb "known bugs" list I think.  Yep a FQHN can begin with
a number, and the archives will point you to the references validating
that (and all the previous arguments about it :).  I think the best way to
fix it would be during the configuration phase decide if the allow/deny
is ip or name based, set a flag, and then use remotehost or remote_ip
as appropriate during the actual security checking.  This would be the
most efficient anyhow.

Dean