httpd-dev mailing list archives

From dgau...@hotwired.com (Dean Gaudet)
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/src mod_rewrite.h Makefile.tmpl (fwd)
Date Mon, 18 Nov 1996 20:54:38 GMT
In article <hot.mailing-lists.new-httpd-577mnjllp6.fsf@tees.elsevier.co.uk>,
Paul Richards  <new-httpd@hyperreal.com> wrote:
>Learn cvs Rob and stop attacking something you've not even bothered to
>try.

One problem is that unless you actually tag the affected files before a
multi-file commit then rolling out isn't as trivial as you're implying.
Given our apache-cvs mailing list at least there's a record of the
revisions involved, so it's a matter of manually typing in all the cvs
update -r commands by hand.  Just playing devil's advocate... I don't
care either way on the review process, but that's because I have to
practice the corporate-mindset and lag a major revision behind all the
time to ensure stability.  I have successfully worked on projects larger
than apache practicing the post-commit review methodology using cvs.

Dean