httpd-dev mailing list archives

From dgau...@hotwired.com (Dean Gaudet)
Subject Re: cookie blahs
Date Mon, 18 Nov 1996 04:41:56 GMT
(For some reason Rob's message hasn't reached me yet.)

I like Rob's suggestion of generating tracking cookies for offsite
referers only.  I'd add the extra case that if no referer is defined
then send a tracking cookie.  Defining "offsite" is a minor problem
-- one that we've got code for already, but not in a reuseable form.
It's essentially the code for doing name-vhosts.  Somebody else
wanted a function for this too... was it Ralf for mod_rewrite?
Something to throw on the list for 2.0 -- a rewrite of vhost selection.
A good first step is your suggestion Brian.

I doubt hotwired would ever call my doc "official" and move it somewhere
else, so sure it's a permanent URL.  I guess you could link to it
from the mod_usertrack docs.

Dean