httpd-dev mailing list archives

From dgau...@hotwired.com (Dean Gaudet)
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "osf/1 virtualhost support by ip broken" on OSF/1
Date Tue, 12 Nov 1996 06:41:09 GMT
In article <hot.mailing-lists.new-httpd-9611112141.aa17946@paris.ics.uci.edu>,
Roy T. Fielding <new-httpd@hyperreal.com> wrote:
>Could someone with virtual hosts please test this change and commit it?

Well, under bsdi, irix, and linux you can use INADDR_NONE.  Under solaris
the man page even says the functions (inet_addr, inet_network) return -1
on error (despite returning unsigned long).  Casting -1 to an unsigned
long should work on any compiler pretending to be ansi, as should using
the constant ~0ul.

On the other hand, the newer inet_aton avoids this problem by not
overloading the return value.

Dean