httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@sierra.zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: User / Group in VirtualHost
Date Tue, 26 Nov 1996 15:05:38 GMT
> On Tue, 26 Nov 1996, Ben Laurie wrote:
> > Eh? How?
>
> 	suEXEC...
>
> 	Now that this has been mentioned, however, I do have a question...
> If someone isn't using suEXEC, but has User/Group in VHosts, what will
> happen?  Will Apache error out, telling them they can't use that command
> there?  Or will it just ignore it?

Good question. I don't have easy access to the source just yet.
I'll have a look. We set a global flag (I think) when the server
starts up that we could check when parsing the configs. As I remember,
the check in the exec function just checks to see if the server uid
differs from the main server uid. Bug.

> 	Is there a way to recode the evaluation of that directive so we
> can print a warning if they define User/Group w/o using suEXEC?

I'll get something out as soon as I get my server back up.