httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@n2k.com>
Subject Re: searching domains (fwd)
Date Fri, 22 Nov 1996 06:38:08 GMT
I realize no one but Rasmus has been seeing any of my objections to this.

Unless Sameer's acceptance counts as a +1, I've seen none.

As per my previous objections, -1.

So I trick up my DNS so it doesn't reject "nasa" as a URL. So what?
I want to go to www.nasa.gov, and I get www.nasa.com. What's the point?

rasmus@vex.net liltingly intones:
> From new-httpd-owner@hyperreal.com Thu Nov 21 22:58:12 1996
> From: rasmus@vex.net
> Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 22:57:53 -0500 (EST)
> Subject: Re: searching domains
> To: new-httpd@hyperreal.com
> Sender: new-httpd-owner@hyperreal.com

> > [snip]
> > >
> > >      good points. This diagram suits me.
> >
> > Thanks. :)
> >
> > So is this module going in the contributors section?
>
> Not really a module.  I'll rework the patch to make it optional somehow,
> unless Chuck wants to do it.
>
> -Rasmus

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
Democracy is a form of government that substitutes election by the
incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few.
		-- G. B. Shaw