httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@n2k.com>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "socket error, accept failed, can't kill server." on UnixWare
Date Fri, 22 Nov 1996 02:35:23 GMT
OK. We've never *really* gotten a straight answer to this one from Novell or
SCO, but beware that the TCP/IP layer may not be totally bug free. 2.1 isn't
a real alternative unless they've definitely fixed all the old bugs, *and*
all the new ones they introduced with it.

All that said, you can try this:

Use the NEED_LINGER compile flag.

Try a build with a 2.7.2 or better gcc. 2.6.x barfs on UWare 2.x.

These worked for us, but that was then.
We've given up on UnixWare at N2K, since the performance was so low.

I hope this helps.

Kelleye Bennett-Vinci liltingly intones:

> On Thu, 21 Nov 1996, Chuck Murcko wrote:
>
> > What version of UnixWare are you using?
>
> Unixware 2.01
>
> > Did you build locally, or are you using a binary built elsewhere?
>
> Both, somewhat.  I was originally using a precompiled binary I grabbed
> from Freebird.org, but as that was giving me problems (same problems, but
> with fewer error messages) I decided to hell with it, and compiled it myself.
>
> And oddly enough it compiled perfectly with no errors (or even warnings)
> the first time out.  Wish they were all that easy.  Thats when I actually
> started getting the error message printed to the logfile.
>
> -K

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
It's lucky you're going so slowly, because you're going in the wrong
direction.