httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Re: docs progress
Date Thu, 21 Nov 1996 23:10:18 GMT
Brian Behlendorf wrote:

>On Thu, 21 Nov 1996, Alexei Kosut wrote:
>> So IMHO, as much of a pain it is to maintain, we should NOT use
>> includes in the documentation.
>
>I disagree, but I'd settle for the following: if we could write a script which
>expanded SSI's, just the vanilla #include file type, and run that at

this is almost possible with lynx. You can set lynx to collect URLs
from a given starting point and dump them to files (SSI expanded thanks to
Apache).

However, I say "almost" because I'm not aware of flags to keep lynx within
a narrow enough region of the web to make this safe.

I mention this in the hope that someone has worked out how to do it.

An alternative is to ask lynx to -source each page individually. That will
save the HTML (+ expanded SSI) to a file; but y'all knew that.

rob