httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "get malformed header from script error when trying to create a magic cookie" on Solaris 2.x
Date Thu, 21 Nov 1996 21:55:23 GMT
mlgirve@sandia.gov wrote:

>Submitter: mlgirve@sandia.gov
>Operating system: Solaris 2.x, version:
>Version of Apache Used: 1.1.1
>Extra Modules used:
>URL exhibiting problem:
>
>Symptoms:
>--
>I just switched form HTTPd 1.5a to Apache and my Perl
>script that creates a magic cookie doesn't work anymore. I
>get this error msg: "Bad header=HTTP/1.0 200 OK"
>
>Does Apache handle cookies differently?

Hi,

"HTTP/1.0 200 OK" isn't what a CGI should be sending the server. This is
what the server will add for you. All you should send are the other
headers (Content-type: etc). If you need to change the status code returned
then the use "Status: xxx Description" approach (send that first instead
of "HTTP/1.0 200 OK").

AFAIK, NCSA httpd should not be accepting that header.

Note: Apache 1.2 will be a HTTP/1.1 server, so it won't appreciate CGI
accidentally knocking the protocol version number back anyway.

I guess this needs to go in the FAQ.

cheers,
rob
--