httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@n2k.com>
Subject Re: Patches for Apache
Date Wed, 20 Nov 1996 01:38:57 GMT
It's possible, at least in the proxy. I am testing stuff now that I plan to
submit before the code freeze. It's all stuff that's been discussed and
found to be desirable by the group before, and it's all in the new proxy
docs page (wherever that is these days) and also in the mod_proxy.h notes.

The biggest really is the exclude list (sites/domains not to allow proxy
to connect to). The rest are really not new functionality, but bug fixes
or enhancements to current functionality.

Rob Hartill liltingly intones:

> sameer wrote:
>
> >> I would definitely be interested in seeing these patches, or at least this
> >> functionality added to Apache at some point.
>
> >	I have a patch which doesn't do line buffering.. it does a
> >non-blocking read/select on the CGI output so that you don't need
> >nph. I am using this patch in Stronghold, I think I posted it here
> >before. I'll be updating the patch for 1.2 once 1.2b1 is shipping, so
> >if the group wants it, I'll post it here.
>
> Mmmm, maybe we shouldn't talk about 1.2 plans before 1.2b1 has been born,
> but are there to be features added to 1.2 that won't be in 1.2b1 ?. I
> didn't think there would be. Someone else (Ben?) will be setting the
> groundrules for 1.2, so I'm curious more than anything.

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
To generalize is to be an idiot.
		-- William Blake