httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject WWW Form Bug Report: "broken "SS" field when using status module" on BSDI (fwd)
Date Tue, 19 Nov 1996 22:26:24 GMT

Can someone please take a look. Preferably someone who's done work on
the status module.

----- Forwarded message from digioia@ais.net -----

From: digioia@ais.net
To: apache-bugs%apache.org@organic.com
Date: Tue Nov 19 14:19:23 1996
Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "broken "SS" field when using status module" on BSDI

Submitter: digioia@ais.net
Operating system: BSDI, version: 2.1
Version of Apache Used: 1.1.1
Extra Modules used: config_log, status, info, auth_dbm
URL exhibiting problem: www.bluemountain.com/status

Symptoms:
--
If you save the status web page to a TXT file, you will see there is actually
NO value for the "SS" field.

Instead, the html formatting, or CGI, or something (I did not investigate it
further) is chopping off everything after the first few digits (X.XX) of the
"CPU" field, and using them as the SS field.

BTW, I am using Netscape 3.01 on Solaris 2.51 to view it.

Of course, this is confusing, as it looks like some connections are kept open
for thousands of seconds.

For some reason, it seems to get worse as time goes on; the number of trailing
digits in CPU becomes greater.  It is currently reset, since I
had to add apache.org to access.conf to give you access.  The number of digits
should grow to what I was seeing within 3-4 days, if that makes any difference
to you.

Thanks for making the best web server in the world!

David Di Gioia

--

Backtrace:

----- End of forwarded message from digioia@ais.net -----