httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/src mod_rewrite.h Makefile.tmpl (fwd)
Date Mon, 18 Nov 1996 13:37:27 GMT
Paul Richards wrote:

>Learn cvs Rob and stop attacking something you've not even bothered to
>try.

This is bull.

The problems have nothing to do with cvs or whether I use it or not.
So what magically improves if I get CVS privs ? absolutely nothing.

Nobody has argued against cvs, only that we have some rules about its
use. You don't seem to think we need rules, but you're the person that's
currently under fire for committing stuff that probably shouldn't have
been.

You seem to think that if I have CVS privs and can do as I damn well
please with the source code then it'll make me happy. Having one more
trigger happy CVS user is not the solution to anything.

Your argument is that anything bad can be undone with CVS, my argument
is lets stop the bad stuff being committed in the first place. Why should
I learn CVS just to undo things you shouldn't have done in the first place ?