httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject 1.2b1
Date Mon, 18 Nov 1996 03:57:49 GMT

I'm sure I've left out a 'to do' item that Brian sent, but can't find
it in my mailbox.

Bugs:
	-=-=-=-=-=-
	SIGUSR1/graceful restarts

	Problem: Under FreeBSD, this is lethal. USR1 followed by HUP takes down
	te server. Paul S (?) reported annoying processes after a USR1.

	To do: Is there any documentation on this ? If there is, add a huge
	warning.

	patch to warn people away (via comments) committed.

	-=-=-=--=-=-=-
	SSI causes bytes sent count to be waaay too low.

	For each SSI include, apache substracts bytes sent so far from
	its counter (thinking bytes sent so far = headers only)

	3 patches offered.

	-=-=-=-=--=--==

	From: Roy
	The problem is that a request on /dir/ is internally redirected to
	/dir/index.html, which properly results in a 304 Not Modified.  However,
	the r->status is not updated to reflect new->status (and anything else
	that might need to be promoted).

	-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Showstoppers:
	SSI byte sent logging  (I now think the 3rd patch is correct, I
		misinterpreted a comment on it as being a problem report).
	Roy's redirect bug

To do:
	ASAP	Find a patch for 'satisfy' that works well (tried and tested)
		 (before feature freeze)
		Prepare more documentation.
		Resolve all outstanding bugs (see above).
	Nov 17	Feature freeze.
	Nov 24	Create last pre-beta tarball (Randy?)
		Test, test, test.
		Report back with positive as well as negative comments.
	Nov 30	Create 1.2b tarball.
	  "	Update CVS to reflect 1.2b release.
	Dec  1  Release 1.2b.
	  "	Put documentation online if there is any.
	  "	Hand 1.2 management over.