httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <>
Subject 1.2b1
Date Mon, 18 Nov 1996 03:57:49 GMT

I'm sure I've left out a 'to do' item that Brian sent, but can't find
it in my mailbox.

	SIGUSR1/graceful restarts

	Problem: Under FreeBSD, this is lethal. USR1 followed by HUP takes down
	te server. Paul S (?) reported annoying processes after a USR1.
	To do: Is there any documentation on this ? If there is, add a huge

	patch to warn people away (via comments) committed.

	SSI causes bytes sent count to be waaay too low.

	For each SSI include, apache substracts bytes sent so far from
	its counter (thinking bytes sent so far = headers only)

	3 patches offered.

	From: Roy
	The problem is that a request on /dir/ is internally redirected to
	/dir/index.html, which properly results in a 304 Not Modified.  However,
	the r->status is not updated to reflect new->status (and anything else
	that might need to be promoted).

	SSI byte sent logging  (I now think the 3rd patch is correct, I
		misinterpreted a comment on it as being a problem report).
	Roy's redirect bug

To do:
	ASAP	Find a patch for 'satisfy' that works well (tried and tested)
		 (before feature freeze)
		Prepare more documentation.
		Resolve all outstanding bugs (see above).
	Nov 17	Feature freeze.
	Nov 24	Create last pre-beta tarball (Randy?)
		Test, test, test.
		Report back with positive as well as negative comments.
	Nov 30	Create 1.2b tarball.
	  "	Update CVS to reflect 1.2b release.
	Dec  1  Release 1.2b.
	  "	Put documentation online if there is any.
	  "	Hand 1.2 management over.

View raw message