httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/docs/unref/changelog v0.4.html
Date Mon, 18 Nov 1996 00:07:13 GMT
Paul Richards wrote:

> Brian Behlendorf <brian@organic.com> writes:
>
> > Paul, what is up with this?  We agreed that apache-docs should be its own
> > cvs module, separate from the code tree.

Did we agree on that? I don't really recall that... I know that Ben
must not have thought so, since he was the one who did the original
mod inclusion (and I agreed) but I also know that Alexei, I think,
was against it.

> I'll move apache/docs to apache-docs when people have checked that we have
> everything setup properly in the docs area but I'd like to re-open that
> discussion since it's going to be difficult to tag the docs with the src at
> release time if we keep them separately, if nothing else I'm concerned about
> keeping things in sync.

I think the docs belong in the CVS tree... The CVS tree should contain
all development work, and that includes the docs. It makes things
easier to be able to work on one tree for both code and docs.

Including docs in src CVS:   +1

                  "Not the Craw... the CRAW!"