httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/src mod_rewrite.h Makefile.tmpl (fwd)
Date Sun, 17 Nov 1996 23:36:42 GMT
rasmus@vex.net wrote:

>> Arrrggh.
>>
>> No more commits without peer review please.
>
>Hey, that was a trivial patch.

famous last words.

Not everyone looks at what's been committed.

>It was basically a typo fix, plus
>a simple check to see if the bundled regex library is being used.
>I'll certainly +1 it.  I hope we don't need to peer review little
>things like this all the time.

There have been 3 trivial patches (one liners) offered for the SSI
byte logging bug so far. Any of them could have been committed without
raising an eybrow. It turns out that none of them fixes the problem
properly/fully. My point is that once something is committed it gets
forgotten, while it's floating around the list, people are more likely
to look at it.

Being petty on the small stuff means there's no need to draw a line
between trivial changes and non-trivial changes. So close to a release,
nothing should be assumed to be trivial. That's my opinion.