httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/src mod_rewrite.h Makefile.tmpl (fwd)
Date Sun, 17 Nov 1996 23:18:17 GMT
Brian Behlendorf wrote:

>This patch wasn't peer reviewed, this is true.  However, the solution seemed to
>be obvious, and it was a problem that several people had complained about.  It
>wasn't just an annoyance, it caused compilation to fail.  Was my fix incorrect?

incorrect ? probably not, but I don't know. It's unlikely I'll check. Now if
nobody else checks either then we could get into trouble.

I hope that after 1.2 we get some peer-review back into the development
process. It looks a bit daft for me to moan about your small patch given
whats flooded in over the past N months, but we've got to start somewhere
and I don't think it'll hurt to start now.

Some simple targets, deadlines and rules will go a long way to improving
our output. The ad-hoc approach doesn't work - we get to play with the
lots of new toys while the users get stuck with old 'buggy' versions
for way too long. Let's give them some *new* bugs to report :-)