httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Re: another quirk (fwd)
Date Sun, 17 Nov 1996 14:23:37 GMT
Howard Fear wrote:

>Rob Hartill writes:
>> I'd say it's a showstopper since it craps all over the CLF by lying about
>> the number of bytes sent. Some people out there make a living out of selling
>> bandwidth by the megabyte shipped.
>
>I've included a patch which seems to work here, but I'm not sure about
>its greater impact.

It didn't work for me. The logged byte count stayed low  :-(

>I believe that this avoids sending headers (and

The headers aren't sent for includes, at least that's not a problem I've
noticed.

Here's a new patch which stops bsetopt being called for each include.

*** http_protocol.c.orig	Sun Nov 17 14:18:28 1996
--- http_protocol.c	Sun Nov 17 14:18:41 1996
***************
*** 952,958 ****
      char *default_type = dir_conf->default_type;

      if (r->assbackwards) {
! 	bsetopt(fd, BO_BYTECT, &zero);
  	r->sent_bodyct = 1;
  	return;
      }
--- 952,959 ----
      char *default_type = dir_conf->default_type;

      if (r->assbackwards) {
! 	if (!r->main)
! 		bsetopt(fd, BO_BYTECT, &zero);
  	r->sent_bodyct = 1;