httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject WWW Form Bug Report: "Httpd processes not dying; problems persist" on BSDI (fwd)
Date Thu, 07 Nov 1996 01:38:38 GMT

An offer of $$s for help..

----- Forwarded message from patrick@value.net -----

From: patrick@value.net
To: apache-bugs%apache.org@organic.com
Date: Wed Nov  6 16:30:48 1996
Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "Httpd processes not dying; problems persist" on BSDI

Submitter: patrick@value.net
Operating system: BSDI, version: 2.1
Version of Apache Used: 1.1.1 and 1.2b1
Extra Modules used:
URL exhibiting problem:

Symptoms:
--
I reported a problem where httpd processes are being spawned but not dying. Over a few hour
period the server spawns up to MAXCLIENTS number of processes, rendering the server unusable,
or very very slow. I have tried backing off of Kernel patches I had installed(the problem
did not manifest itself until the day after these patches were installed) and recompiling,
I tried 1.2b1, I have tried backing off the patches and 1.2b1, all to no avail. At this point,
I would be willing to pay someone to look at this. Anyone interested?
Thanks.
--

Backtrace:

----- End of forwarded message from patrick@value.net -----