httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Neulinger" <nn...@umr.edu>
Subject Re: mod_cgissi
Date Mon, 04 Nov 1996 17:33:38 GMT

> On Mon, 4 Nov 1996, Rob Hartill wrote:
> > Anyway, what can't your engineers write as CGI that makes them so hungry
> > for SSI parsing ? .. or are they lazy ?
>
> It's not what can't the write but what they shouldn't have to rewrite:
> user-agent negotiation, nested includes in the included files, etc.

I would not have any objections to ONLY including support for 'virtual'
includes... Without the #echo support or any file includes.

The reason is, outputing bogus data will only get them something they
could already get directly...

-- Nathan

Nathan Neulinger                  Univ. of Missouri - Rolla
EMail: nneul@umr.edu                    Computer Center
WWW: http://www.umr.edu/~nneul      SysAdmin: rollanet.org