httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: outstanding issues for 1.2 code freeze.
Date Mon, 04 Nov 1996 13:52:57 GMT
Brian Behlendorf wrote:

>   Existing Patches:
>   Vote: "+1" is "we should commit this patch to 1.2".
>
>   1) Adding "+" and "-" functionality to Options, so that subdirectory
>      option-setting can be additive or subtractive.
>      Patch has been posted to the list, has a +1 from someone other
>      than the author, needs another +1 before it can be committed.
>      Patch by Paul Sutton.

+1 (although it may be cleaner to have something like ENABLE/DISABLE
    instead of +/-).

0

>   3) Johnh@isi.edu's TCP buffer configuration patch.  I +1 it, and
>      it needs one or two more before I'm comfortable committing it.
>      What do folks think?

+1 It looks good here.

>   Critical Bugs Which Need Patches before Public Release:
>   Vote: "+1" is "We need to track this down before any public
>         release".
>
>   1) A kill -HUP after a kill -USR1 results in server death
>      http://www.apache.org/bugdb/full/15

+1

>   Proposed New Functionality Before Release:
>   Vote: "+1" is "We should implement this before any public
>         release".
>
>   1) Generalization of BrowserMatch to apply to any header.
>
>   2) NCSA-style "Satisfy" functionality.  I thought we had a patch for this
>      but I couldn't find it.
>
>   3) Mod_expires should use "Cache-Control".

+1

>   Bugs Which Would Be Really Nice To Fix before Release:
>   Vote: "+1" means "We need to fix this before release".
>
>   1) parse_htaccess problems due to misconfiguration
>      http://www.apache.org/bugdb/full/14
>
>   2) Ptime status is always zero in mod_status output.

0 (I was hoping to user setitimer/getitimer but I'm not comfortable
   with adding another signal just to get this info... My pref
   would be simply to delete this info)

>   3) mod_info output never shows "current configuration".
>
>   4) fix the timeout mechanisms so that reads and responses don't
>      use the same variable.
>
>   5) Allow the error_log to use pipes, as acess_log does?  There are
>      some odd patches in http://dev.apache.org/incoming related to that.

+1 (would be neat, but if it doesn't pan out that's OK too)

>   6) mod_imap should use pools instead of static buffers.
+1

>   7) mod_include shouldn't use rputc, it's slow.
+1

                  "Not the Craw... the CRAW!"