httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@n2k.com>
Subject Re: outstanding issues for 1.2 code freeze.
Date Mon, 04 Nov 1996 05:29:33 GMT
Brian Behlendorf liltingly intones:

>  ...edited...
>
>   Existing Patches:
>   Vote: "+1" is "we should commit this patch to 1.2".
>
>   1) Adding "+" and "-" functionality to Options, so that subdirectory
>      option-setting can be additive or subtractive.
>      Patch has been posted to the list, has a +1 from someone other
>      than the author, needs another +1 before it can be committed.
>      Patch by Paul Sutton.

+1 for this. Ben's right, we're approaching a config language. 8^)

>   2) RedirectPermanent, RedirectTemp, etc.
>      To implement NCSA-compatible directives for 301 redirection.
>      Path available, needs another +1 before it can be committed.
>      Patch by Paul Sutton.

+1 for this, too. It has the magick words "NCSA-compatible".

>   3) Johnh@isi.edu's TCP buffer configuration patch.  I +1 it, and
>      it needs one or two more before I'm comfortable committing it.
>      What do folks think?

+1 for this. I'm not convinced it's as necessary in today's world as
John thinks, but defined with the current buffer size as default, it
does not hurt.

>   Critical Bugs Which Need Patches before Public Release:
>   Vote: "+1" is "We need to track this down before any public
>         release".
>
>   1) A kill -HUP after a kill -USR1 results in server death
>      http://www.apache.org/bugdb/full/15

+1. Definitely.

>   Proposed New Functionality Before Release:
>   Vote: "+1" is "We should implement this before any public
>         release".
>
>   1) Generalization of BrowserMatch to apply to any header.
>
>   2) NCSA-style "Satisfy" functionality.  I thought we had a patch for this
>      but I couldn't find it.

+1. So did I.

>   3) Mod_expires should use "Cache-Control".

    4) Mod_proxy stuff, see mod_proxy.h. Not everything is needed for 1.2
       release, and even less for beta, but there are things to be done.
       The proxy_cache definitely needs to be made BAD_DATE-aware.

>   Bugs Which Would Be Really Nice To Fix before Release:
>   Vote: "+1" means "We need to fix this before release".
>
>   1) parse_htaccess problems due to misconfiguration
>      http://www.apache.org/bugdb/full/14
>
>   2) Ptime status is always zero in mod_status output.

+1.

>   3) mod_info output never shows "current configuration".

    WARNING: The fixed length, unchecked input form data set buffer in
    mod_info is a potential security/reliability problem; it should be
    fixed before 1.2 release. It's 64 bytes long now, I believe.

>   4) fix the timeout mechanisms so that reads and responses don't
>      use the same variable.

+1.

>   5) Allow the error_log to use pipes, as acess_log does?  There are
>      some odd patches in http://dev.apache.org/incoming related to that.
>
>   6) mod_imap should use pools instead of static buffers.
>
>   7) mod_include shouldn't use rputc, it's slow.

    8) There are still a couple of proxy bugfixes to fold in before release.

Anything without a +1 is a 0 from me.

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
All bridge hands are equally likely, but some are more equally likely
than others.
		-- Alan Truscott