httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@n2k.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/src http_protocol.c
Date Mon, 04 Nov 1996 04:35:56 GMT
Dean Gaudet liltingly intones:

> Brian Behlendorf  <new-httpd@hyperreal.com> wrote:
> >On Thu, 31 Oct 1996, Chuck Murcko wrote:
> >> Not sure if the first try made it; here's another:
> >>
> >> Is there any reason that
> >>
> >>     if (r->finfo.st_mode != 0)
> >>         sprintf(weak_etag, "W/\"%lx-%lx-%lx\"", (unsigned long)r->finfo.st_ino,
> >> 		(unsigned long)r->finfo.st_size, mtime);
> >>
> >> isn't portable? It fixes the warning everywhere here (FreeBSD, BSDI, Solaris,
> >> Irix).
> >
> >No, that would seem to be the right fix, given all other conditions.  It works
> >fine here too.  I've gone and committed it, even.
>
> Doesn't this break when st_size is unsigned long long?  i.e. 64-bit
> filesystems.

It shouldn't, since in the case when in IRIX (IRIX5/SVID III/ MIPS ABI)
st_size is app32_long_long_t, the format should specify the low 32 bits
of st_size. Granted, that does leave the hole when st_size > 2^32-1, but
it should not break the printf().

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
Silverman's Law: