httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Re: mod_cgissi
Date Mon, 04 Nov 1996 00:42:43 GMT
Brian Behlendorf wrote:

>So, our engineers here are screaming for a way to do SSI parsing on CGI output.

They could always use NCSA httpd. I hear they have it.

>They're not happy with the answer that Apache 2.0 will probably be able to do
>that; and they're happy to have a special-cased module which does this apart
>from mod_cgi and mod_include.  So, module-gurus out there: is there any reason
>why this should be incredibly difficult to do?  Any pointers or tips?

When people ask for this on the bugs mail, I point them at mod_suicide, for
the reason given by others.

If you can implement this in such a way that people are forced to read
a description of the dangers before they can enable it then none of us
can argue for its exclusion.

Anyway, what can't your engineers write as CGI that makes them so hungry
for SSI parsing ? .. or are they lazy ?

--
Rob Hartill.       Internet Movie Database Ltd.    http://www.imdb.com/