httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject WWW Form Bug Report: "Virtualhost problem?" on FreeBSD (fwd)
Date Fri, 01 Nov 1996 12:08:03 GMT

not acked

----- Forwarded message from martin@msp.se -----

From: martin@msp.se
To: apache-bugs%apache.org@organic.com
Date: Thu Oct 31 21:32:25 1996
Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "Virtualhost problem?" on FreeBSD

Submitter: martin@msp.se
Operating system: FreeBSD, version: 2.1.5
Version of Apache Used: 1.1.1
Extra Modules used:
URL exhibiting problem:

Symptoms:
--
I have server with two IP addresses (using alias),
and use a virtualhost directive for each addr.
All worked will with apache 1.0.5.  When I installed
1.1.1, it seems to use default documentroot for the
first IP addr SOMETIMES???  When starting httpd, it
demands log-file relatative to serverroot, or log-
file directive in "main" section, even though I have
defined log-files for each virtualhost.  This behaviour
is different from 1.0.5.  More important, when accessing
the server on the first IP addr, it tries to access
default documentroot (relative to serverroot) even though
there is a virtualhost directive with a different
(correct) documentroot.  However, this only occurs
when using simple browser (GET / HTTP/1.0).  Netscape,
e.g., finds correct /. :-( (I realize this might be
a config question, but as I am at total loss right
now, I take the chance of asking anyway...).  Many
thanks for any ideas/tips!  BTW, running multiple httpds
bound to different addresses works fine (naturally).
/// Martin F
--

Backtrace:

----- End of forwarded message from martin@msp.se -----