httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Tromey <tro...@creche.cygnus.com>
Subject Re: A complaint
Date Tue, 22 Oct 1996 04:51:42 GMT
Alexei> The "File Not Found" we've used for Apache since 0.8 is much
Alexei> better (the same applies to all the other codes).

Alexei> I'd be much happier with the following patch:

Alexei> ! 	char *title = status_lines[idx];
Alexei> ! 	char *title = 4 + status_lines[idx];

My original version of this patch did do this.  I don't have an
opinion on whether or not it is the right thing to do.

But... if this is to be included, please include a comment explaining
the magic number "4".  And maybe a comment at the definition of
status_lines explaining the format.

Tom
--
tromey@cygnus.com                 Member, League for Programming Freedom