httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: Host: header patch
Date Thu, 31 Oct 1996 17:45:58 GMT
On 31 Oct 1996, Dean Gaudet wrote:
> Dean Gaudet <new-httpd@hyperreal.com> wrote:
> >Brian Behlendorf  <new-httpd@hyperreal.com> wrote:
> >>This is closer; but it now has the characteristic where either an IP-vhost
> >>*must* appear first in the list, *or* all name-vhosts must appear before the
> >>first ip-vhost.
> >
> >An unrelated bug... patch follows.  (I tested this against your
> >httpd.conf.test file on hyperreal, which I'm assuming is one of the
> >broken configs you were talking about.)
> >
> >default_server_hostnames() calls both gethostbyname and gethostbyaddr
> >which use the same static area to store their addresses.  So this
> >patch makes a copy of the data it needs from the gethostbyname call.
>
> Oh, P.S.  The only reason this was showing up for you is that the
> vrml.wired.com server has no ServerName in your config file.  In that
> case it has to do a lookup.

Good test case, eh?  :)

You are godlike!  Every combination I throw at this it handles with aplomb.
While this area of the code could probably be cleaned up in the future, I'm
satisfied with this being good enough for the 1.2 release.  Finally!  Woohoo!
Now, if folks who makes extensive use of vhosts could test these two patches
against their setups, and we can get a couple of +1's on it, we can go commit
it...

	Brian