httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: NCSA-style Auth*File directives
Date Tue, 08 Oct 1996 22:22:43 GMT
On Sat, 31 Aug 1996, Alexei Kosut wrote:
> As a followup to my last message, here is a patch that makes
> AuthUserFile/AuthGroupFile/AuthDigestFile work as they do in NCSA
> httpd, specifically:
>
> Auth[User|Group|Digest]File filename [filetype]
>
> e.g.
>
> AuthUserFile /www/dbmdatabase dbm
> AuthGroupFile /www/flatfilegroups standard
>
> In order to do this, I had to make several modifications to the core:
>
> 1. A TAKE12 argument type was added, to supplement TAKE1 and TAKE2. It
>    means a directive can have either one or two arguments.
>
> 2. A directive handler can use "return DECLINE_CMD;" to cause the
>    config-file parser to skip to the next module. This allows
>    mod_auth, mod_auth_dbm and mod_auth_db to all have a handler for
>    AuthUserFile and AuthGroupFile.

(patch deleted)

I +1 this; if we are to take over the NCSA crowd then compatibility in this
area is important, and TAKE12 has been requested on other occasions.

Since there were no vetos on this since its proposal nearly a month ago, I
shall commit it.  If you have a problem with this patch, it's never to late to
veto thanks to CVS.

	Brian