httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: Patch to mod_auth_msql.c
Date Tue, 08 Oct 1996 06:41:57 GMT
On Thu, 3 Oct 1996, Dirk.vanGulik wrote:
> I'll upload a full patch later; let me know if you have any
> thoughds.
>
> ----- Begin Included Message -----
>
> Dirk,
>
> I made an upgrade to the mod_auth_msql.c file that you wrote to allow
> support for connecting to non-standard Unix/TCP mSQL ports.  This will
> allow servers that run multiple mSQL daemons to utilize the mod_auth_msql
> module for connecting to databases on other ports.

I like it in theory, but I don't have enough functioning experience with it to
comment on the quality of the code.

Hmm, since the collective experience in this group with databases and such is
somewhat low, would it make sense to split off a separate discussion forum,
one perhaps a bit more public, to deal with Apache-database integration?  A
place for discussion about modules which implement connections to databases and
resulting interfaces for interpreted-language modules (everything from
mod_perl, mod_python, mod_tcl, mod_cgi maybe, mod_include maybe)?  Or does
something like this exist?  This is not to say I don't think database
connectivity issues don't belong in the core of Apache; not at all.  I just
would like to see more discussion on database integration issues amongst those
with experience and time on their hands to code.  Thoughts?

	Brian