httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: get_client_block()
Date Fri, 01 Nov 1996 02:45:53 GMT
On Thu, 31 Oct 1996, Randy Terbush wrote:

> Did the name of this function absolutely have to change?
>
> This is causing a great deal of confusion within mod_perl,
> and I suspect this is only the beginning.

Yes, it did. Otherwise, modules that were designed for 1.0/1.1 would
compile okay, but fail to work correctly, because the meaning of
read/get_client_block has *completely* changed, and two new functions
(setup_client_block and should_client_block) have been added, both of
which are absolutely neccessary.

This is all needed to support HTTP/1.1. If there was another way to
have done it, I would have. But there wasn't. I've written a more
detailed explanation of why the changes were made; you can look
through the new-httpd archives for them

http://dev.apache.org/httpd/mail/