httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject BADMMAP and other things
Date Sun, 20 Oct 1996 22:43:07 GMT
I'm curious: is anyone aware of any platforms, other than HP-UX, where
it is necessary to set BADMMAP=yes?

If no, then I think we can get rid of it entirely: I realized earlier
this morning that, a few months ago, when I tested my machine (which,
like all HP 9000/800-series machines, does not support mmap() when
running HP-UX 9.x) to see of HAVE_SHMGET would work instead, there was
something else that was screwed up with the machine (long story), that
might have prevented it from working at all (hmm... that's a nice,
long, convoluted sentance). Anyhow, I just retried it, and it turns
out that shmget *does* work just fine. *sigh*

Anyhow, I'd like to remove all that BADMMAP stuff from the
configuration stuff, and change the HAVE_MMAP to HAVE_SHMGET in conf.h
(I have every indication that shmget will work on all HP-UX
models). Anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

On a seperate subject... Ben, all that const stuff... would you mind
fixing all the optional modules too? All those warnings give me a
headache. And please bump MODULE_MAGIC_NUMBER as well - it is an API
change.