httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject 1.2 docs
Date Wed, 09 Oct 1996 05:25:43 GMT
I've begun to write documentation for Apache 1.2. I made an index page
at http://www.apache.org/docs/1.2/, and put in most of the new
features in 1.2. This is based on a list that Paul gave us a few weeks
ago, and some of the newer stuff isn't there (like deny user-agent,
and other stuff). At some point, most of those entries should be
linked to pages. I'll be writing some of them (mostly for the stuff I
wrote), but if other people wanted to, that'd be dandy.

Also, if anyone has any corrections, please make them, or note them,
or something.

Oh, and for those of you with hyperreal accounts (this includes you,
Brian), please make all the Apache doc files and directories group
httpd and mode g+w. It's rather annoying otherwise... Yes, it can be
worked around (mv, cp, rm), but it'd be nice if people remembered this
to begin with.

Thanks!

P.S. I think it's pretty much hopeless putting every source code
change into src/CHANGES. How about we reserve that file for just
maintenance release changes - that's the only time it's really
important anyhow - it's for the user's benefit (we have CVS), and if
they upgrade from 1.1 to 1.2, they're probably not going to care as
much about every single little change as they are from 1.2.0 to
1.2.1. At least, that's my feeling. It would also cut down on the size
of that file by a lot.