httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: bug database populated, comments desired
Date Wed, 09 Oct 1996 01:27:45 GMT
On Tue, 8 Oct 1996, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> > > dev.apache.org is a non-IP virtual host.  You have to use a browser
> > > that sends a Host: header for it to work.  (I got through to it fine with
> > > NS3)
> >
> > What?  What?!  Scuse me but 'buh'.  I'd never thought of it like
> > that before, time to start upgrading a bunch of HTTP aware gadgets.
> > Pity really, I prefer NS1.1 to any of the more recent stuff.
>
> Hmm, couldn't a good proxy server solve your problems? :)

Out of curiosity, does Apache's proxy server add Host: headers if they
don't exist (that'd be nice. Of course, it'd also be nice if it
supported all the HTTP/1.1 cache-control stuff, but I don't think it
does).

And BTW, you can use http://dev.apache.org/httpd/ anywhere you see
http://dev.apache.org/ and it will work with all browsers, old and
new - the magic of the ServerPath directive.