httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <>
Subject Re: override mask semantics
Date Sat, 05 Oct 1996 03:39:50 GMT
On Wed, 2 Oct 1996, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> Hmmm, I don't know.  The reason <Directory> and <Location> can set it to
> (OR_ALL|ACCESS_CONF) is because they are only allowed in *.conf.
> If <Files> is allowed in .htaccess, then the current behavior is
> probably correct.  Hmmm, I guess that begs the question: is <Files>
> allowed in .htaccess?

Yes. Of course, you're right. That's why I hadn't set it to that in
the first place. *bonk* Thanks.

> Right now, we have
> { "<Files", filesection, NULL, OR_ALL, RAW_ARGS, NULL },
> in which the OR_ALL seems odd to me (it implies that the directory
> must have AllowOverride All in order to set anything via <Files>).
> I think it should be either RSRC_CONF (meaning only allowed in *.conf)
> or OR_NONE (meaning it should inherit the overrides of the context).

No. OR_ALL means it will work with any AllowOveridde setting - i.e. it
will apply anywhere. OR_NONE means... uh... it applies nowhere. Don't
quite know why you'd want to use that.

Alexei Kosut <>      The Apache HTTP Server

View raw message