httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: override mask semantics
Date Wed, 02 Oct 1996 06:55:41 GMT
On Tue, 1 Oct 1996, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> where parms->override is set according to where the directive occurs:
>
>    *.conf   --> override = (RSRC_CONF|OR_ALL)&~(OR_AUTHCFG|OR_LIMIT);
>
>    within <Directory> or <Location> --> override = OR_ALL|ACCESS_CONF;
>
>   .htaccess --> override = core_dir->override;   /* AllowOverride, I assume */
>
> <Limit> and <Files> do not change the override value, which seems odd.

Not setting <Files> to OR_ALL|ACCESS_CONF is a defenitely a bug, and
should be fixed. Probably someone (me) just accidentally deleted the
line.

<LImit>, OTOH, is correct as is. OR_LIMIT applies to "AllowOverride
Limit", not to the actual <Limit> directive, since OR_LIMIT directives
("allow", "deny" and "order" are the only onces in the current code)
can appear out of <Limit> sections as well as in them.