httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@bellglobal.com
Subject Re: patch for 100 Continue and other things
Date Tue, 08 Oct 1996 12:19:31 GMT
> Eek.  That's rough.  Is it mandated?  What's the logic behind such an
> incompatible change?  Does it suggest an increase in the API magic number?

Any change which affects the API, no matter how small, should cause the
module magic number to be bumped.  What I would really like to see is a
separate documentation file which lists the module magic number and then
the change(s) that caused the number to get bumped.  Without this it is
completely impossible to write a complex module which will work effectively
with all versions of Apache.

-Rasmus