httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Dirk.vanGulik" <Dirk.vanGu...@jrc.it>
Subject Re: BrowserMatch and access
Date Mon, 21 Oct 1996 08:42:36 GMT
> From owner-new-httpd@hyperreal.com Sat Oct 19 13:10:56 1996
> Subject: BrowserMatch and access
> Date: Sat, 19 Oct 1996 11:09:28 +0100 (BST)
> From: Ben Laurie <ben@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
>
> If access is to check for BrowserMatch env vars, then mod_browser must do its
> thing considerably earlier than it currently does. The obvious place to do it
> is in the filename translation phase, which occurs first. More correct would
> be to add a pre-translation phase (perhaps specifically for any incoming header
> processing). Thoughts?

My take on this was to add a pre-request to our installation; which gives any
module the chance to add a list of possible 'virtual' file names they are willing
to handle; including q factors. These are then 'walked' through in the normal filename
walkers. Perhaps this should be generalized; i.e. the walkers as well so that modules
can opt to handle a certain set of virtual files with given weights. It would fit
in nicely with the lang. negot.

Dw.