httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: BADMMAP and other things
Date Sun, 20 Oct 1996 22:09:05 GMT
Alexei Kosut wrote:

> I'm curious: is anyone aware of any platforms, other than HP-UX, where
> it is necessary to set BADMMAP=yes?

Nope.

> If no, then I think we can get rid of it entirely: I realized earlier
> this morning that, a few months ago, when I tested my machine (which,
> like all HP 9000/800-series machines, does not support mmap() when
> running HP-UX 9.x) to see of HAVE_SHMGET would work instead, there was
> something else that was screwed up with the machine (long story), that
> might have prevented it from working at all (hmm... that's a nice,
> long, convoluted sentance). Anyhow, I just retried it, and it turns
> out that shmget *does* work just fine. *sigh*
>
> Anyhow, I'd like to remove all that BADMMAP stuff from the
> configuration stuff, and change the HAVE_MMAP to HAVE_SHMGET in conf.h
> (I have every indication that shmget will work on all HP-UX
> models). Anyone have any thoughts on the matter?
>
> On a seperate subject... Ben, all that const stuff... would you mind
> fixing all the optional modules too? All those warnings give me a
> headache. And please bump MODULE_MAGIC_NUMBER as well - it is an API
> change.

Lazy! No doubt I'll get round to it if no-one else can be bothered but I've
had a hard weekend, so I'm off to bed.

I suppose MODULE_MAGIC_NUMBER should be bumped - but I'd also like to fold in
the change need to use mod_browser for auth. No-one seems to have picked up on
that one yet.

On the other hand, it isn't an API change in the sense that it'll break old
modules. Just cause new compilations of old modules to issue warnings.

BTW, the main const change (which, in case anyone is interested, all resulted
from a _single_ extra bit of constness!) didn't seem to make it to the list.
Have I hit the size limit again?

Cheers,

Ben.