httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: alloc.c warning
Date Thu, 17 Oct 1996 07:58:22 GMT
Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> The run_cleanup() routine in alloc.c was recently made static, but
> is never used and has no prototype.  It is also mentioned in the
> comments in alloc.h, but it is not clear whether it is supposed to
> be private or public.  So, someone who knows should do one of
>
>    a) Add the static prototype within alloc.c, next to prototype of
>       run_cleanups().
>
>    b) Remove the static from alloc.c and put a normal prototype in
>       alloc.h, next to the one for kill_cleanup().
>
>    c) Delete the routine from alloc.c, since nobody uses it.

Good point. It is important that alarms are blocked while cleanups are run,
or you could end up running them twice. However, everything does the blocking
for itself at present. I suppose that run_cleanup() should go back to being
global. That way custom cleanup stuff can take advantage of it.

I'll take care of it.

Cheers,

Ben.