httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@liege.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: indent
Date Fri, 11 Oct 1996 16:22:40 GMT
As I said before, I won't do the cleanup if there is disagreement.

However, my purpose in being here is to ensure that there is a usable,
freely-available source code version of the HTTP standard.  That means
source code that can be read and understood by others, not source code
that can be barely understood by our own project.  Running indent is
only the first step in making the code easier to understand.

I am willing to wait until 1.2 is ready for final release before deciding
where to place my energy on cleaning the code.  However, I want ALL outside
project code to be committed to a 2.0 branch before the final release of 1.2
(if nothing else, this will give us time to let the last beta stew before
the official release).  On the day that 1.2 is released, I want to be able
to make a decision about which code base is better for describing HTTP,
and if 1.2 is the only code available then that's what I'll cleanup and
prep for a minor release.

......Roy