httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: Possible bugs in current version
Date Tue, 01 Oct 1996 18:22:29 GMT
Robert S. Thau wrote:

>   The idea here was that we should only switch it on for platforms that need
>   it.  In order to determine which ones need it, we default it to no.
>
> But I can't find any specific host type which defaults it to "yes";
> I may have missed something...

That can only be because either:

a) No platform yet tested needs regex, or

b) people are ignoring the advice in Configuration, which I quote:

# The following rules should be set automatically by Configure. However, if
# they are not set by Configure (because we don't know the correct value for
# your platform), or are set incorrectly, you may override them here.
# If you have to do this, please let us know what you set and what your
# platform is, by sending mail to apache-bugs@apache.org.

Cheers,

Ben.