httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert S. Thau" <...@ai.mit.edu>
Subject Re: Possible bugs in current version
Date Tue, 01 Oct 1996 18:08:30 GMT
  Agreed. I think each platform mentioned in Configure should
  have a default value explicitly set and we then change the
  default to be what we want (yes/no, either is fine)

Well, what we have now is some hosts having an explicit default to 'no',
and others relying on the implicit default 'no' --- whereas some hosts,
perhaps most, want "yes" (because they *don't* have a Posix regex package).

This could be fixed by changing the general default (as I did), or by
changing the defaults for specific hosts, but it seems to me that *something*
has to change...

rst